After nearly a year of aimlessness, my life is about to regain some direction. I have hopes this will bring all sorts of new wonders. Maybe I’ll post more than once every four months. Maybe I’ll sleep at a reasonable hour every night. Maybe these two contradict each other and I will fail on both counts trying to achieve the other.
- Tomorrow I am visiting a rowing club with the aim of getting back to regular training as soon as possible.
- I have a feeling it’s going to be a shock to the system. I’ve not trained at all (don’t even mention the 500 miles) recently and my hands haven’t held a blade handle for many months.
- In roughly 60 hours I will be arriving at a new job doing something I hope I can both do and enjoy.
- I can’t helping feeling they’ve made a mistake and will turn me away at the door, “Oh sorry, there’s been a bit of a mix up. You’re not the person we wanted to hire”.
- In less than a week I move into my own flat.
- Over a farm house in the middle of nowhere. I’ve lived in the middle of (a different) nowhere since I can remember and this still manages to look remote. Think single track roads and no other houses in sight. Still, it’s going to be mine, even if it is in a rented kind of way.
I don’t think I can pretend not to be an adult for much longer.